Landscaping companies know that a well maintained lawn plays a big part in adding value to your home. However, our landscape maintenance services team knows that a lawn can go beyond the grass, trees, and plants. Any additional features such as a fence, pergola, deck, patio, and more, can also add beauty and value to a garden.
Simply having these structures isn’t enough. It’s important to maintain them just like you would your living garden to ensure that they stand up well to the tests of time and nature.
Landscape maintenance services go beyond lawn care services
Most of our customers come to us for our impeccable lawn care services. They know that they can count on our expertise and experience to ensure that their yard stays healthy and well maintained. Over the years, our customers have asked us for advice and guidance on preserving their fences, decks, patios, and even patio furniture. This has given us a ton of experience that goes beyond plants, grass, trees, and drainage. Our landscape maintenance services team is now skilled at staining many wooden structures from fences to building exteriors. Our team, including our project manager Travis, can visit your home or commercial site and discuss your landscaping and staining needs and give you a quote.
Landscaping companies can guide you on your staining project
Before undertaking any staining endeavor, it’s important to know why you’re doing it and how to go about it. Many landscaping companies may not provide this service but can give you general guidance or refer you to a company that will do the job. Our landscape maintenance services team has extensive experience that can help with your staining and preservation tasks. There are some things you should think about before a staining project is commenced.
- Why bother staining – Staining adds a layer of protection for your wood. Think of it as a shield against the sun, rain, cold, and even infestation. The advantages of staining your structure are aplenty, so one could actually argue “Why not stain?”
- The wood and the structure – Before you put brush to stain, it’s important to keep in mind the wood and structure you’re about to stain. What type of wood is it, are there many imperfections, what is the exposure of the structure to the elements, do you want the natural beauty of the wood to come through, these are just a few things to think through before getting started.
- Stain vs. paint – This is more of a choice as some folks prefer to have an even color, whereas others want the beauty of the wood to come through. Both stain and exterior paint can seal the wood, however stain penetrates the wood completely whereas paint usually just covers the surface and has limited penetration into the wood.
- Which stain to use – There are a dizzying number of options out there. Clear vs. color, oil vs. water based, feature upon feature, what should you choose? That’s where experience comes in. Our landscape maintenance services team knows what affects the wood in Louisiana and can guide you using your requirements and our experience combined.
- What’s the long term plan – Over time, the effectiveness of the stain decreases. Different wood, surfaces, and stain grades have different durability. It’s best to check your surfaces periodically for signs of wear and wood decay.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with the many options available to you or confused as to how to go about selecting a stain. Give our landscape maintenance services team a call, and we’re happy to guide you and even give you a free quote on your project.